Friday, February 11, 2011

Five Songs For The Weekend

This blog was supposed to have been a Robert Plant review but due to the weather I, along with most ticketholders, were unable to attend. The venue and promoter didn't see the need to cancel the show. I will refrain from publicly ripping them for now. I have complained enough that the promoter has asked me to call on Monday. So, if I get a refund, I will not mention it again. If no refund is given I will be back to publicly bash all those involved.

In the meantime, enjoy some fine music. These are all tracks that have been heavy on my Ipod rotation this week.


1. Social Distortion - California (Hustle and Flow)
Social D's new CD Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes is getting a lot of play from me. The track California (Hustle and Flow) is one of those tunes that makes you just want to get in the car and drive.




2. Lucero - The Mountain
This song will result in me getting a speeding ticket. This is my favorite Lucero song.



3. Slobberbone - Barrel Chested
I still remember the first time I heard this song in the summer of 97. I was in Dallas for work and a local radio show played this song. I have been a Slobberbone fan ever since.



4. Ironwood Bluff - Slip
Ironwood Bluff are some up and comers from Tupelo, MS. I like these guys and I hope you do too. Slip is from their new CD. Check it out.



5. Breathing Machine - Highway
These guys disbanded after this CD but it is solid from start to finish. If you can find it I highly recommend you pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment